Richard (Ricky) White
Creative Director / Multimedia Producer
Versatile Creative Director and Multimedia Producer with 15 years of experience and a talent for producing engaging and leading-edge marketing content that advances the goals of businesses and organizations. Conceptual talent combined with technical proficiency and an aptitude for managing all phases of projects from visioning through planning, production and delivery. Expertise in websites, social media, video and audio, email campaigns, graphic design and communications. Personable and collaborative cross-functional team member and leader. Consistently deliver results on time and within budget in high-pressure environments. Attuned to contemporary cultural and media trends.
Black Eagle Marketing Group, Vernon Hills, IL, January 2012 – Present
Design and manage multimedia, digital marketing, social media and graphic design projects and branding campaigns for clients. Direct all phases of projects through planning, production and client acceptance. Create engaging content. Lead collaborative cross-functional creative, technical and business teams. Manage accounts and consult with clients to develop vision and concepts and maintain communication throughout the process. Design media for email marketing campaigns.
Clients and Projects
- Grew business for plastic surgeon by writing over 1,000 social media posts on Instagram with photos and videos explaining clinical procedures, showing before and after results, and other content that promoted services in a thoughtful and personable manner.
- Enhanced Video media imagery of contemporary relevance to support bigger vision of member retention and growth for Valley Kingdom Ministries of Chicago by producing 950+ videos used in church services,outreach, promotions and weekly recaps. Utilize live footage and original and stock graphics and animations.
- Increased Perfect Note Live’s ticket sales for online events 500 percent ($160K annually) and eliminated cost of third-party transactional fees by transitioning the website to a WordPress e-commerce format.
- Shot and edited 3 comprehensive informational video projects for Aon Corporation a business-services consulting firm.
- Provided planning and marketing support for Full Figure Fashion Week for model Gwen Devoe of New York.
- Designed and produced marketing materials that generated growth for Global Music Link, an international marketing company.
- Deliver social media planning, branding, magazine cover designs and video production for Black Pages International Magazine.
Sound Cloud Music Reviews (Indie), Chicago, IL, December 2011 – Present
Founder / Music Reviewer / Writer
Write music reviews, interviews and feature articles for online platforms dedicated to promoting and giving wider exposure to talented SoundCloud musical artists who have not received attention in other media.
- Networked with artists from over 60 countries.
- Designed all promotional artwork and set-up Facebook ad workflow, to produce organic audience growth of 75 percent within the first 2 years.
mRelevance, Chicago, IL
March 2011 – March 2014
Web Designer/Graphic Designer
Designed online and multi-media content for a full-service marketing company. Created websites, blogs, e-fliers, banners and other material. Served as Primary Content Designer on projects.
- Effectively deployed PHP, MySQL, CSS and HTML to build and maintain client blogs and websites.
- Designed e-mail marketing and delivered support via Mailchimp and Constant Contact.
- Assisted with Managing Client Relationship
Advocate Condell Medical Center, Libertyville, IL
January 2006 – March 2010
Managed website and performed other communications functions for the hospital system.
- Developed strategic redesign of specific areas of the hospital website.
- Researched and wrote content for the hospital’s public community newsletter, including media pitches.
- Delivered support for internal communications through intranet.
- Enabled management to communicate effectively by creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Served on the hospital’s social media task force.
- Provided in-house photography and video editing
Music Producer – Independently have produced more than 600 recordings as 6th Trumpet. (Samples available on soundcloud.com/6thtrumpet.)
Special Events Emcee (21 years) – Personality Inc. – Perform as Emcee at over 600 events including corporate events, weddings, religious events, private celebrations and other venues.
Facebook Administrator – As volunteer administrator for Facebook motorcycle group, grew the page from zero to 7,300 followers.
BFA, Multimedia Design and Production
AAS, Interactive Media
International Academy of Design, Chicago, IL
- Coursework in media theory and practice, layout, website development, video and sound editing and photography.
- Internship with Digital Visions, a design boutique. Created animations with 3d Studio Max. Created animated CD-ROM components using Macromedia Director.
Applications & Platforms
Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, After Effects (intermediate), Dreamweaver, XD (intermediate)), Final Cut Pro X, Apple Motion, Google Suite, WordPress, Facebook, Soundcloud, Instagram, HTML, CSS, PHP (intermediate), MySQL, CMS, Woo Commerce, cPanel, Trello, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Keynote,PowerPoint, Doodly Explainer, GarageBand
Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Website Development, UI/UX Design, Graphic Design, Video Editing, Audio and Music Production, Social Media, Print Production, Photography, Animation, Writing
Project Management, Strategic Planning, Collaborative Leadership, Workflow Management, Cross-Functional Coordination, Vendor Supervision, Client Relationships, Account Management, Budgeting, Problem-Solving, Event Planning and Hosting
Social Media links
Personal Projects Here